New York State Lifeline Benefit
In addition to the income eligibility criteria, there are several New York State only eligibility categories:
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) *
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP) *
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families *
- Family Assistance
- Food Stamps
- Safety Net Assistance Medicaid
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Applicants are eligible for discounted Lifeline rates when they provide proof to the Company that they are certified as income eligible to receive one or more of the above benefits or are receiving one of the above benefits. In addition, applicants are eligible for discounted Lifeline rates when approved to receive either a Veteran's Disability Pension or a Veteran's Surviving Spouse Pension. Applicants must provide proof to the Company that they are receiving one of these pensions.
* The programs with the asterisk are not eligible for support by the Federal Lifeline Program, but are eligible for support by the New York State Targeted Accessibility Fund.